Quilting fun for family and friends!

Friday 8 February 2013

Friday Finishes

Friday again, so soon, how does that happen?

I had big plans for finishes this week. Did not happen. I do however have WIP's.

The green squares are now a top, yeah! This was to have been a Christmas gift, now it will be birthday.


These 2 baby quilts are pinned and ready to go. The baby's have already been born so I need to create my own deadline. I found this pattern on the Moda Bake Shop here. The Jungle Path pattern by Jessica Kelly, who blogs here, made up really quickly, she gives fabulous directions.



I also need to start my daughters placemats. Deadline March 18. Love the fabric, she gave it to me for my birthday. I would never have picked out this fabric myself, but I love it. And best of all I know she will too!!!


No progress on block 2 of the Skill Builder. It is still in pieces.

On the personal front I have now spent two nights by myself. Night one I had dinner with my daughter and got home at 9:00. Bedtime. Last night I arrived home from work at 5:45, as usual. I had plans to do all this quilting. I have two baby quilts pinned and a ready to go. I have my brothers top finished, I could look to see if I had batting, I could sew up the back for the quilt. All I wanted to do was start a new project, I almost talked myself into going to the store to buy more material. I had monkey brain. So I came to my sewing space and started looking for ......which lead to tiding, which led to some order. Phew!! Bedtime!! First night home alone, made it. All the time the apartment is empty and I am rushing around trying to fill the void. The void is in me, it goes everywhere I do.

I am not alone, I live in the Creator's world. Comforting.

Linking up to Friday Felicities and Canadian Quilting CQA/ACC.

4 comments:

  1. Love the tops, esp the one with white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The distribution of the oranges in the blue quilt is eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up, Pam! You're keeping yourself busy and that's important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the quilt and the placemats. pretty pretty

    ReplyDelete