Quilting fun for family and friends!

Wednesday 26 March 2014

WIP Wednesday - March 26

The last month has flown by. Nothing like being sick to lose chunks of time! I was to have done my Bee Blocks last weekend, but did not. So sorry bee mates! I had totally forgotten about a charity quilt I had promised myself I would make. Friends are doing the "Ride for Cancer" and I really wanted to donate a quilt. Birds, bikes, and buildings, yes! A riding quilt!
Finished! It started out as a baby quilt. But the colours were not screaming baby at me, so, added a couple of borders and ta!da!, a lap quilt. The striped border is also the backing. Thank goodness there was enough! No pieced back here taking up extra time.
Tried quilting with straight lines off the edge of the quilt, I think because of the stripes.  I like it, but I think I would have preferred around more.
And bonus! It is all from my stash. The back is repurposed (stolen) from another quilt, but all is good. I had two backs for that quilt anyways!?!
On to the bee blocks!

Linking up to the Needle and Thread Network.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt! Those colours are sure to brighten up the recipient's day. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Love the orange. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The colours are great, and it's awesome to be able to use up some stash, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete