Quilting fun for family and friends!

Wednesday 18 June 2014

WIP Wednesday

I have not had much time to sew but I have carved out small snippets of time. It is amazing how much you can get done when you make it a priority.

My cousin's blocks from my Aunt Sue's fabrics. These fabrics are at least 20 to 25 years old. I am a little worried about whether she washed them or not, after all I remember washing everything. It was a rule! Oh idea! Maybe I can use the fabrics that did not make it into the top on the back! Perfect! 17 blocks made.
 Melinda's mom's quilt, the Veracruz. Love how this is turning out! All the blocks are ready to sew into a top. Very excited.
And my mindless sewing project. Makes me smile when I work on it! Not sure what is going on there  but I have developed a serious crush on 30's fabrics! Maybe it is Aunt Sue!

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours on the Veracruz, it will be great to see how the finished quilt looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the 30s crush thing - those blocks would make me smile to work on too! I really like the project in the middle photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Veracruz top! The colors are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete